Teaching and Learning
We offer an Islamic Academy to our students, up to 4 days a week, in order to extend their skills in Quran recitation and memorization, alongside with a reinforcement of the curriculum.
We ensure via a pedagogy coach that our teachers are up to date with the latest innovation in teaching & learning and in line with the 2021 vision by Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
We are laying the important foundations for successful language learning and we believe that teaching a foreign language makes a positive contribution to the Primary Curriculum. Children at RDS experience Arabic language from the Foundation Stage with formal lessons beginning in Year 1 in line with the Ministry of Education’s requirements. French lessons begin from Year 3.
Learning a language opens up avenues of communication and exploration, and promotes, encourages and instils a broader cultural understanding.
Our aims and objectives are:
- To foster an interest and enthusiasm in learning other languages;
- To teach in a stimulating, enjoyable and fun learning environment, where children actively take part and learn;
- To make young children aware that language has structure, and that the structure differs from one language to another;
- To help children develop their cultural awareness;
- To develop their speaking and listening skills;
- To lay the foundations for future study and utilisation of in personal and professional environments.
- To make as many cross curricular links to give students a wide variety of learning experiences.