Information about Payments, Refunds, Re-enrolments and Withdrawals
Registration fee: AED 500 payable at the time of applying for entry into the school (inclusive of VAT, non-transferable, non-refundable, non-adjustable).
Admissions Fee : An Admission Fee of AED 7500 will also be due upon the acceptance of the Offer Letter. The Admission fee is non-refundable but adjustable against the total tuition fee for the academic year.”
If a student joins the school in the middle of a term/semester, the tuition fee applicable will be pro-rata, based on the number of full weeks (commencing from the week of joining) remaining and unexpired in the term.
All forms of payment methods are accepted and can be made by in person at the School Accounts Office. Wherever possible, school fees are ideally paid online. In addition, payments of fees and tuition can also be paid by cheque or wire transfer directly to the school bank account. School bank account details are below for your easy reference. Online payments can be made using the link on the home page.
Bank Name: MASHREQ BANK
Bank Branch: AL Riqa Branch, Deira, Dubai, UAE
Account Name: GEMS Royal Dubai School
Account Number: 0493155481
IBAN No.: AE160330000010493155481
Account Currency: AED
SWIFT Code: BOMLAEAD
Non-payment of Fees
Failure to pay school fees may result in a loss of the student’s place in the school, withholding of their school reports, references, and/or examination results, as well as a temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from school.
The registration fee and admission fee remain non-refundable, while tuition fee refunds follow the Ministry of Education Bylaws for Private Education. If a student withdraws or leaves school for any reason, the refunds will be processed as follows and returned to the original payee.
- If a student withdraws prior to the start of the academic year, the balance of the first term/semester fee paid will be refunded, except the AED 500 Registration Fee and Admissions Fee
- If a student withdraws during the school term/semester, the Registration Fee and Admission Fee are non-refundable, and the remaining tuition is refunded in accordance per the Ministry of Education bilo for term payments:
- Fees will be charged for one full month if a student attends school for two weeks or less.
- Fees will be charged for two full months if a student attends school for more than two weeks and less than one month.
- Fees will be charged for the entire school term/semester if a student attends school for more than one month.
In order to secure the seat for the next academic year, parents will be asked to pay a re-enrolment fee which is non-refundable, but adjustable against the first term fees. Please note, students who are unable to be registered with the ministry due to missing required documentation, or students with an outstanding fee balance, will not be able to be re-enroll for the next academic year.
All students withdrawing from the school must submit notification of their withdrawal in writing to the Registrar’s office. A 30-day notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready.
“Please note that school fees for the upcoming academic year are subject to change in accordance with Article 51 the Bylaw of Federal Law No. (28) of 1999 Concerning Private Education and applicable regulations.”