The United Arab Emirates Ministry of Education requires that you submit the following on registration.
- Copy of the applicant's UAE ID card
- Copy of the applicant's passport if the UAE ID is not issued
- Copy of the parent/sponsor UAE ID card
- Copy of the applicant's birth certificate (in English or Arabic)
- Copy of the current immunisation record (in English)
- 4 recent passport photographs of the applicant (on photographic paper)
- Nursery reports (for admission to Foundation Stage)
- Last two years school reports (for admission to Year 1 to Year 6)
- Original Transfer Certificate. Please follow the instructions below (due when available)
- Application fee of AED 525 (refundable if place is not offered)
Please share full details of any special educational needs, individual education plans (IEPs) and any Educational Psychologist, Pediatric, or other specialist reports (e.g., Speech and Language or Occupational Therapy) if completed. Sharing educational history with GRDS prior to a place being offered is essential so that staff can ensure an appropriate assessment of educational need, educational plan and resourcing is in place. Admission is not conditional on the submission of a medical diagnosis and we have effective transition processes in place for all children.
Students are not refused admission based only on their experience of a special education need or disability (SEND) and we give sibling priority for admission to students who experience SEND. Staff follow KHDA guidance and procedures for scenarios where, very rarely, it may not be in the best interests of the child to be placed in GRDS. This information will be shared with the KHDA, following expected procedures.
Transfer Certificate Guidelines
In order for us to comply with the Dubai Ministry of Education regulations, and for us to register your child with the Ministry, it is imperative that we receive a Transfer Certificate from your child’s previous school when joining GEMS Royal Dubai School. Students joining FS1, FS2 or Year 1 at the start of the Academic year (September) do not require a Transfer Certificate. When joining our school after mid November, all students are required to submit a valid Transfer Certificate.
- This Transfer Certificate must be on official school letterhead.
- The form needs to be completed on pupil’s last day of attendance.
- This form must be signed by the Principal and show an official school stamp.
- The original certificate must be presented on the first day of school.
Transfer Certificates must have the following information:
- Full Name of Child
- Date of Birth
- Commencement Date at School
- Grade/Class on Leaving
- Leaving Date at School
- Curriculum Used
NB: Children coming from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar & Oman must have their original certificates attested only by the Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin).
Children coming from countries other than within America, Australia, Canada and the European Union should have the original Transfer Certificate (TC) attested by:
- Ministry of Education (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from country of TC origin)
- UAE Embassy (from country of TC origin)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai
GEMS Royal Dubai School prides itself on an admission policy that does not discriminate against any child or family. We welcome children with a wide range of learning preferences, including students of determination.
Whenever possible we aim to interview every GEMS Royal Dubai School child and their parents prior to entry, and each child must take an age related placement test to ensure that the he or she is prepared for the high quality education on offer at our GEMS school.
Offer of a place is not solely on entrance test alone and parents should provide the most recent copy of their child's school report when submitting an application form.
Places can sometimes be offered against the two latest reports from the child's existing school only if they have English National Curriculum assessments included. If it is difficult to make an accurate assessment from these, students are asked to complete a placement test at the School.
An enquiry can be made to the school via the GEMS website or through our school’s individual website.
To complete the application of your child please contact our Registrar to arrange submission of the supporting documents and Application Fee, quoting your Enquiry Number.
To start the application process for GEMS Royal Dubai School, please click here.