Friends of Royal Dubai School is run by parents for parents, families and members of the local community to meet socially, in and out of school and to organise events to support our school and GEMS charities.
Who are FORDS?
Whilst all parents of RDS students may support school throughout the academic year a core group of parents volunteer their time and effort to organize events that benefit the whole school. With regular meetings they strengthen parental engagement and the sense of community at RDS. Everyone is welcome to participate and new ideas are always welcome.
What do FORDS do?
From National Day celebrations, Teacher Appreciation Day gifts and the tuck shop in the School Disco FORDS are involved. You can even replace a missing uniform item by popping along to the pre-loved uniform shop before school.
Term 1 the busiest term in school, here are some of the things FORDS have supported RDS with:
- Purchasing the gifts for our Teachers, TA’s LSA’s for Teacher Appreciation Day
- Charity Bake Sale
- Decorating school for our National Day celebrations
- National Day clothing stall selling items the students can wear on the day of celebrations
- UAE Tattoo Stall on the day of the event
- Decorating school for our festive celebrations
- Stocking and selling freshments at our End of Term Disco