All tuition fees are payable in advance of attendance.
Fees are in accordance with the fee structure established by GEMS under the guidance of KHDA's established School Fee Framework.
- At the time of registration, the required documentation, fully completed should be submitted.
- An Application Fee of AED 525 is payable at the time of registration which will result in your child being considered for a place at GEMS Royal Dubai School.
- A Registration Deposit is payable after the student has been offered a place and parents have accepted the offer. The registration deposit is 10% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the Academic Year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
- If a student joins the school in the middle of a term/semester, the full months fees will be charged on the joining month.
- Fees for continuing students are payable within the first week of each term, and must be paid in full. Should a student join the school after the beginning of the school year, fees are charged from the date of the Offer Letter.
- Tuition refunds follow the KHDA Bylaws for Private Education.Therefore, if a student withdraws or leaves school for any reason, the refunds will be processed as follows:
All forms of payment methods are accepted and can be made by person at the GEMS Royal Dubai School or wire transferred directly to the school bank account.
Fees can be paid by:
- Cheque (made payable to GEMS Royal Dubai School)
- Credit Card (register for a First Abu Dhabi (FAB) GEMS co-branded credit card to receive 4.25% discount on annual tuition fees. Contact Mr. Mahipal Reddy on 056-2552660 or Mr. Ahmed Morgan on 058-8772793 for more information
- Online payment through the GEMS Connect app or GEMS Parent Portal accessible through www.gems.ae
- Wire transfer (see GEMS Royal Dubai School bank details below)
Bank Name: MASHREQ BANK
Bank Branch: AL Riqa Branch, Deira, Dubai, UAE
Account Name: GEMS Royal Dubai School
Account Number: 0493155481
IBAN No: AE160330000010493155481
Account Currency: AED
SWIFT Code: BOMLAEAD
Non-payment of Fees
Failure to pay school fees may result in a loss of the student’s place in the school, withholding of their school reports, references, and/or examination results, as well as a temporary or permanent expulsion or exclusion from school.
In the cases of both existing and new students, the registration and re-registration deposit will not be refunded unless there are extenuating circumstances. These circumstances include, but are not limited to, relocation to another country / Emirate or any other unforeseen circumstance.
In the case of refund, the school fees will be calculated as follows:
- If a student attends school for 2 weeks or less, they will be charged one month's tuition
- If a student attends school for more than 2 weeks and less than one month, they will be charged 2 months' school fees
- If a student is enrolled in the school for more than a month the full terms fees will be deducted
- Tuition will be refunded only after the parent or guardian has submitted the request in writing to the school Admissions Office. Tuition refunds are provided to the original payee. The refund will be calculated from the start of the term and the date of the official request by the parent stating the intent of withdrawal and not from the date when the student was absent. Being on the school register counts as days in school.
The school management reserves the right to make any exceptions to the above policy for compassionate reasons, at their discretion.
Re-Enrollment for Existing Students
In order to secure your child's place for the next academic year, parents will be asked to pay a Re-registration Deposit which is non-refundable, but adjustable against the first term fees. Please note, students who are unable to be registered with the ministry due to missing required documentation, or students with an outstanding fee balance, will not be able to be re-enroll for the next academic year
This deposit is payable at the time of Re-enrollment to guarantee a place for the following academic year. The Re-registration Deposit is 5% of the total tuition fees and is deductible from the total tuition fees for the academic year. Please note, this is a non-refundable deposit.
All students withdrawing from the school must submit notification of their withdrawal in writing to the Registrar’s office. A 30-day notification period is required to ensure all necessary documents are ready. A Transfer Certificate (TC) request must be submitted online through the Parent Portal to formally notify school that your child will be leaving. There is a fee of AED 120 for all students transferring within Dubai to another school, or outside of the Emirate.